Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday, May 5, 2014

 I thought that it was a really good poem/ video clip that really shows what our society has begun to turn into. I agree with everything he says, and when I am nervous I do make conversation, but other times I just like to sit an use my phone or a book as a distraction. I like being able to talk to people face to face, but the thing is they would rather talk phone to phone. I love being able to enjoy others company, and a message when we are further away but I also like to be able to leave my phone at home and not be scrutinized by friends for missing their calls. Honestly the fact is that I am different in my generation, I don't like to only be able to spend my day texting instead of hanging out. One day my friend wanted to get a hold of me and I had just left my phone home so I could have a decent family dinner, but when I arrived home there were seven missed calls and around 25 messages. This was all in a matter of less than 60 minutes, and when I got a hold of her she was mad because my response was 50 minutes late and she had called my other friends to get a hold of me. I can't even have a nice conversation without my phone or theirs going off at least once, and that bothers me because I don't want to experience the world through a phone or through technology, I want to experience it by meeting new and interesting people.

No comments:

Post a Comment